Parent Provider Questions

Below you’ll find answers to our most frequently asked questions specific to Parent Providers.

For definitions to common terms mentioned, please review our frequently asked questions glossary.

Parent Provider requirements will not change as a result of the transition.

IPs will complete a W-4 form and 2014-7 (Difficulty of Care/live-in) attestation as part of their employment hiring documents. CDWA will process taxes based on this information. If an IP is unsure if they qualify, they should ask a tax professional.

Training requirements for skills training and continuing education will not change as a result of the transition to CDWA. However, Parent Providers will be required to go through CDWA’s paid employment orientation for instruction on the DirectMyCare web portal, EVV (if applicable) and other employment-related information.

Parent Providers will transition to the CDE just as all other IPs will. If a Parent Provider does not live with their Client, they will be required to submit time through the EVV app. Parent Providers who are live-in caregivers will submit their work log and tasks weekly through the DirectMyCare web portal.